By selecting NMMC for bariatric surgery, you are choosing:
- A facility accredited by MBSAQIP as a Comprehensive Center.
- A facility whose surgeons successfully perform more than 2,000 laparoscopic procedures every year.
- A facility in which the Bariatric Center is a special unit solely dedicated to the care of bariatric surgery patients. Our expert team of physicians, nurses, psychologists, dietitians, exercise physiologists and physical therapists work together toward a common goal-your good health.
- A 650-bed regional referral center that holds the distinction of being the largest hospital in Mississippi and the largest non-metropolitan hospital in America. NMMC serves more than 700,000 people in 24 counties in north Mississippi, northwest Alabama and portions of Tennessee.
- The only healthcare organization to receive the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2006. Because of its innovative practices, commitment to excellence and outstanding results, this organization is among America's best and is considered by many as a role model for any organization striving for world-class performance. NMMC's parent organization, North Mississippi Health Services, won the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2012.
- A facility that is recognized by the Optum Centers of Excellence network.